Click on the links below to view your chosen Newsletter:
Thank you and well done…
- Thanks to all those who sent in unwanted goods for the star foundation bag collection, the children all enjoyed their multi skills activity day with a sports coach. The next date for the bag collection and activity day will be Tuesday 25th March where we are hoping the children will do a music activity day in return for bags collected.
- To everyone who sent in harvest goods for the Stoke on Trent food bank. We donated 376.1kgs.
- To the whole school for performing such wonderful Christmas concerts and making all the mums and dads so proud – big thanks to all the staff for working so hard on producing concerts of such a good standard.
- To everyone who gave donations at the Christmas concerts. We raised a fantastic £540.29. Mrs Jones also raised £187.89 from Bingo, Christingle service and from the Cracker night. £271.82 will be donated from school; making a grand total of £1,000 which will be put towards our fund to purchase hand held tablets.
- The year 4 children and staff who sold their ‘Bits and Bobs Christmas goods’ alongside the Christmas concerts.
- The Early Years children who had a wonderful day at their Winter Wonderland trip at the Rosliston Forestry Centre and represented the school brilliantly.
- To the school choir who sang Christmas Carols at the old people’s home – well done for making their Christmas!
- To the cooks for cooking up 244 Christmas dinners – it was delicious!
Year 3 and 4 Swimming Changes
With the closure of the leisure centre we have been offered swimming lessons for year 3 and 4 children at Thomas Alleynes High School on a Friday morning. However, with limited slots available we will have to take year 3 and 4 for half a term each.
Year 4 will start lessons this half term from Friday 17th January until Friday 14th February
Year 3 will then go Friday 28th February until Friday 4th April
Year 4 will have Friday 2nd May until Friday 23rd May
Year 3 will finish with Friday 6th June until Friday 4th July
Building Work Update
With delays to the building work before Christmas we will be back up and running on both the extension at the front of school and the boys toilets. Once the boy’s toilets are done they will start on the girls toilets. Can I please remind you to stay with your children on the playground until the bell goes at 8.45am as teachers may not be in their rooms before this to supervise the children. Could you also continue to only use the bottom of the car park.
Leisure Centre and parking update
As you may be aware the leisure centre at the end of our road has now closed whilst building works take place. We have always been very fortunate to be able to use their car park at the start and end of the school day for free. Unfortunately the closure of the leisure centre does also include the closure of the car park. We are hoping the car park will be able to be used up to 15th January. We are looking into alternative options for you alongside local authority staff and leisure centre management. We are hoping to be given free access to another council car park at the start and end of the school day and set up a walking bus to then bring the children into school. I am having a number of meetings over the next week and will let you know the outcomes asap. If you would be interested in finding out more about the walking bus and in helping us run it please send back the slip at the bottom of this newsletter. From these numbers I will be able to judge the need for this alternative.
What a busy end to the term for the PTA members! Thank you so much for a fantastic Christmas fair, great secret Santa gifts, a wonderful disco and helping Santa out at the Christmas parties!
A reminder that all dinner money should now be paid to school on a Monday morning for the week. Please send in the money in a sealed envelope marked with your child’s name, class, amount sent and the days that a dinner is required.
Winter Weather and Emergency School Closures
Now that the winter weather is closing in, please feel free to send your child in with a spare change of clothes and wellies when the weather turns in case we get caught out in heavy rain or snow. Please ensure they have coats and that all clothes are labeled clearly with their name.
In case of emergency school closures we will update our website, send a text message to inform you of the closure and update the Staffordshire County Council school closure list on www.staffordshire.gov.uk/schoolclosures
Please do not bring dogs onto the school site – we have a no dogs policy, thank you for your co-operation on this matter.
A great way of starting family discussions! This editions thunk is: ‘Where does the sky start?’ Enjoy – let me know what you thought.
Mrs Magness is starting chicken club at lunchtime on Wednesday 15th January for Year 3 children only. Please fill in the permission slip at the bottom of the newsletter together with £1.00 payment for the term.
Monday 6th January – Children return to school
Monday 6th January – 2pm - Jack and the Beanstalk pantomime in school – children only
Monday 6th- Friday 10th January – Arts Activity Week
Friday 10th January – Mrs Owston’s last day before maternity leave
Thursday 16th January – pm – year 3/4 swimming gala
Thursday 16th January – 7pm – Curriculum Governor meeting
Friday 17th January – Year 4 only to start swimming lessons at TAHS
Tuesday 21st January – 7pm – Finance/Personnel Governor meeting
Wednesday 29th – Friday 31st January – Year 4 residential trip to Shugborough