Click on the links below to view your chosen Newsletter:
Thank You and Well Done
Harvest Festival – Friday 18th October – We were all staggered at the amount of harvest produce that was donated this year which was collected and distributed by Stoke Food bank and would have helped a great number of local families during tough times – the children’s harvest performances were wonderful!
- Uttoxeter Lions Guy Competition – well done to all families that made a guy and received free tickets to the bonfire. The Guys looked fantastic in the shop window in Uttoxeter and well done to Jamie Richardson who made the winning Guy.
- Parent’s questionnaires – thanks to all the parents who completed a questionnaire to help us design a parent’s progress information sheet. We are busy producing this now and you will receive your first one in December.
- Thank you for your co-operation with the new morning system to make things safer for all now the building work has started. The gates to the playground are being opened earlier at 8.35am for you to be able to move safely onto the playground and away from the busier car park. Please wait with your children until you hear a bell at 8.45am. Staff will then come down onto the playground and children can come up the steps. Children are not to come into school before 8.45am as staff may not be in their classrooms as they are preparing for the day.
- Thanks to the year 1 parents for using the Early Years playground to go to your playground for picking up, it means you are not having to battle with the building work at the end of the day.
- Thanks to parents dropping off for the Funshine club using the bottom car park, as we are very tight for spaces for staff and turning with the building work.
Good bye and best wishes…
Mrs Snape has been a wonderful lunchtime supervisor with us for 12 years! She began as a volunteer in the school and was quickly snapped up as an excellent employee. Unfortunately, due to ill health she has had to finish in this role. I am sure you will join all the staff, children and governors in thanking her for her time here, wishing her well and hoping she is feeling much better soon!!
Children In Need - This Friday (15th November)
Picknalls are getting in the fundraising spirit and staff and children are invited to come to school dressed in their pyjamas for a donation to this worthwhile charity. We will complete a range of fun activities finishing with a pyjama party. Please could we ask that children have sufficient clothes to keep them warm when outside at playtime as well as sensible shoes. Slippers may be worn inside. We look forward to sharing with you the fun we have had and pass on the totals raised!
Now that the winter weather is closing in, please feel free to send your child in with a spare change of clothes, in case we get caught out in heavy rain or snow. Please ensure they have coats and that all clothes are labelled clearly with their name.
We are very interested in working with Star Foundation – a company that works alongside schools collecting recycling and in return providing money and activities for the school. We will be asking you to donate ANY goods, such as clothes, books, DVD’s, toys, games, teddies etc. 3 times a year. 50% of the monies raised from the weight of the goods will be given directly to school and other funds go towards community activities such as the free swim sessions or local community projects.
Our first collection day is Friday 6th December, a chance to have a clear out before Christmas. Bags are not provided by the company as with Bag2School. On each of the collection days we will receive a full day of activities ranging from sport, music and drama with qualified coaches that all the classes will take part in over the day. We will also be able to offer new after school activity run by the company and other community events. Thanks for supporting us with this.
The PTA have been working extremely hard organizing a wide range of events for you this half term:
- Friday 15th November – film show – 4-5.45pm
- Wednesday 11th pm and Thursday 12th December am – Secret Santa
- Friday 13th December – disco 5.45-8.15pm
Please see Heather Forrester or any PTA member if you would like to enquire about any of these events. A separate newsletter from the PTA will be out shortly.
Student Support Letters
Next Monday you will receive a letter home from the ‘Student Support Centre’ offering
home tuition for Maths, English and Reading. The school will receive money for all the
returns we get back, whether you are interested or not, so could you please send back
your slip by Thursday 21st November. Thanks.
The children have just been given a woodwind demonstration in assembly which they really enjoyed. There are a few places available for woodwind lessons on a Friday morning. The normal cost for these peripatetic lessons is £60 a term, but if your child is interested in starting now we could work the cost for the remaining weeks. Please see Mrs Plant in the office if you are interested.
- Our whole school Christmas dinner will be on Friday 13th December. Please return the slipattached to this newsletter if you would like a dinner to be ordered by Friday 22nd November.
- Please note that all dinner money should now be paid to school on a Monday morning for the week. Please send in the money in a sealed envelope marked with your child’s name, class, amount sent and the days that a dinner is required.
- The school is now responsible for the debt collection of monies owed for school dinners. Therefore if you request a dinner but do not send in the money for this we may contact you to ensure the money will be sent in asap.
- A new menu has been sent home which will start on Monday 2nd December and will be available on the schools website.
Personal Assistant Job Vacancy
Are you interested in providing support at weekends for a child we have in year 2 with physical needs? The role would involve accompanying her on social events, clubs, leisure activities etc. If you are interested in finding out more details, please contact Mrs Magness for more details.
A great way of starting family discussions! This editions thunk is: ‘Does the back of a firework look the same as the front?’ Enjoy – let me know what you thought.
Important dates and events
With such a busy half term I have given you all the dates leading up to Christmas – Letters for specific events such as the Christmas Concerts will be out shortly.
Friday 15th November – Children in need pyjama dress up day, see details above
Monday 18th November – Student support letters sent out – please return the slip either way
Wednesday 20th November – 7pm – Strategic Governors meeting
Thursday 21st November – Student support letters final day for returns
Sunday 1st December – 1-3pm - PTA Christmas Fair
Monday 2nd December – 1.30pm – Health and Safety Governor meeting
Thursday 5th December – pm – Early Years Christingle service
Friday 6th December – Star foundation recycling bag collection
Monday 9th December – am- Early Years dress rehearsal to the school
Tuesday 10th December – 9.30am – Early Years concert for parents
Tuesday 10th December – 2pm- Early Years concert for parents
Wednesday 11th December – 10am – PTA Secret Santa
Thursday 12th December – am - PTA Secret Santa
Friday 13th December – School Christmas Dinner
Friday 13th December – 2.40pm – KS1 dress rehearsal to the school
Friday 13th December – 5.45-8.15pm PTA disco
Monday 16th December – 9.30am – KS2 dress rehearsal to the school
Monday 16th December – 2pm – KS1 Christmas concert for parents
Monday 16th December – 6pm – KS1 Christmas concert for parents
Tuesday 17th December - 2pm – KS2 Christmas concert for parents
Tuesday 17th December – 6pm - KS2 Christmas concert for parents
Wednesday 18th December – EYFS trip to the Forestry Centre
Wednesday 18th December – KS1 party afternoon
Thursday 19th December – EYFS party day
Friday 20th December – KS2 party afternoon
Friday 20th December – LAST DAY OF THE TERM 2014
Monday 6th January – Children return to school
Monday 6th January – 2pm - Jack and the Beanstalk pantomime in school
Monday 6th- Friday 10th January – Arts Activity Week
Please download and print the newsletter to fill out the Christmas Lunch request form.
REPLY BY EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU REQUIRE A PAPER/ELECTRONIC VERSION PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE